Since its creation in 1878 Idlewild has been a place for families to enjoy. The property was owned by William Darlington who gave Judge Thomas Mellon, the owner of the Ligonier Valley Railroad, the right to use the property for a park. Originally designated as a leisure and picnic area built on both sides of the railroad, the park included campgrounds, a man-made lake, picnic tables, and a large hall.
top of page
bottom of page